Monday, October 26, 2009

Episode 2 - Housekeeping and Other Bits

You can listen to the episode here.

Local Weather

Peter freezes in Appleton, WI (46F / 8C) while Deirdre cooks in San Diego (83 F / 28C)

Housekeeping
We're on iTunes! Now you can subscribe and leave reviews to your heart's content.
A big thank you to Susan from the Knit a Journey podcast for the shout out.
MacKintosh Yarns is having a sale on discontinued yarn bases. Hurry!

What's Up?
Peter cranks away at Todd Gocken's Expedition Pullover
Peter also test knits some Diamondback Mitts from Stephen West
Deirdre whips out a pair of Garter Rib socks by Charlene Schurch from Sensational Knitted Socks

I Want That
Deirdre gushes over the French Press Felted Slippers by Melynda Bernardi of French Press Knits
Peter raves about Jared Flood

The Hot Seat
Knitting disasters, other crafts, holiday knitting, process vs. project knitting, being a troublemaker, and what to do while knitting

Theme music provided by Brian Bromberg from Mevio's Music Alley.

5 comments:

  1. I've really been enjoying your podcast so far! My only question is.....just how many siblings are there? It seems that everytime you mention a brother or sister, it's one that you hadn't mentioned before! Must be a big family. :)

    I'm looking forward to many more future episodes.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the podcast! I enjoy knitting to it:). Would you guys consider doing an episode featuring baby/kid pattern trends? What is cool and funky/ easy etc. I'm always looking for new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I found the blog to go with the podcast! I'm still waiting to see your Slippers- have you started them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your podcast so I'm working on listening to them in order, but I wanted to stop over and let you know that I am really enjoying it. You both are very easy to listen to. I love the "accents"--my family is from northern MN near Duluth and so it sounds like home to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I wanted to let you know I love hearing the MN accent! My family and I lived in New Hope, MN for three-ish years, which were also the years I was learning to speak. So, when I listen to your podcast, the MN accent comes back. It's pretty funny! I feel like I'm listening to old friends from MN days talk when I hear you two. Keep up the great work on a great podcast!

    ReplyDelete