Friday, January 15, 2010

Episode 7 - Just a Chat

You can listen to the episode here or on iTunes.

Local Weather

Stealth rain in San Diego beats out freezing cold in Wisconsin.

Hashing it Out
Huge thank yous to all our supporters, in particular:
Susan Dolph of the Knit a Journey podcast for the interview
Knitmore Girls Jasmin and Gigi for playing the promo
All our listeners and commenters!

Jimmy Beans Wool Scholarship info

Deirdre's latest venture: Flocks of Yarn

What's Up?
Peter is determined to sew in a zipper and knit up some hats.

Deirdre finishes some sample projects, the birthday socks, and starts her Global Knit journey with socks.

Brigade by Todd Gocken
Cap Karma Hat

I Want That
Peter wants to get his hands on a hard-to-find Patons Jet Mens booklet, and Deirdre likes the wearable thoughtfulness of Snowden Becker's designs.

The Hot Seat
The pair chats about KALs, the Ravelympics, gifting FOs, household objects as knitting tools, eavesdropping, and reading books.

The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
After Dachau by Daniel Quinn

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to mention audiobooks. Since reading has been one of the major activities that suffer for knitting, I've been thrilled with the "discovery" of audiobooks. Interestingly (or not?) I've found that I retain info much better when I listen while knitting. I tend to read/listen to a lot of non-fiction, so I find this handy. I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on some classics that I never read (but should have).

    Just picked up your podcast over the weekend via itunes...oddly enough I'm from MN too (Richfield). I decided to branch out and try some knitting podcasts and happened to start with yours!
    -Sara (snutt on Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Sorry about the typos...brain isn't working properly today.

    ReplyDelete